Monday, July 20, 2009

I want summer


Special thanks to fortysixthatgrace for the beautiful summery photos

I shouldn't complain. I live in Brazil. But every year in July I suffer. I know it is a repeated topic on my blog. But I just can't help it. It's cold. It's London gray. My fingertips are bluish. I have forgotten how to dress for winter. My layers don't look elegant. The palm trees are bent in confusion. Enough Barney and his purple pantsuit, Georgia wants to go to the park. Let the sun shine in. It is warm and sunny in Buffalo, New York today. I can never write a check in the Southern Hemisphere in July. The month never seems correct. Huh? I am so confused. This essay has no order. I am not creative. Brrr...I'm just cold.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I know what you mean. Our houses are not made for cold, despite the name people call Sao Paulo: "a terra da garoa". Did you know what this means?
    Something like the land of drizzle!
    Anyway, you can make a kite for Georgia, because August is 'mês do vento' or wind time!
    And soon, it will be Spring!
    Love, Ana

    ReplyDelete