Monday, September 28, 2009

Just One Product



I have a lot of friends and family who are pregnant. As I watch the baby registries fill up, I think about the multitude of products and presents that I neatly stacked and oohed and awed over those final days of my pregnancy. The marketing out there and the millions of gadgets and thingamajigs (especially in the USA) is as limitless as first time moms are insecure victims with credit cards. But we only learn this later--about the time we figure out that babies don't like cool toys---but prefer your cell phone, microwave, keys or computer.

So as I try to squish my state-of-the-art stroller into a corner in my apartment, I ponder pushing it out the window. But then I remember how good it is for hauling groceries while Georgia happily giggles in the Ergo. Ergo? Yes. The one product I couldn't and still can't live without. It took me five carriers to get it right and still (at 24 toddler pounds) doesn't have me running for a chiropractic adjustment. I could go on and on about the benefits of "babywearing"--which is a facilitator for the most important thing a baby cannot live without: our love.

No comments:

Post a Comment