Monday, March 29, 2010

Multiplicity...











Green Eggs and Ham was the first book I learned to read (at a very young age, according to my proud parents). But I wonder: was I really reading or just repeating memorized text? My mom must have turned the pages of that Dr. Seuss classic 50 times a day. More. More. More...I'd say.

My weekend was a series of mais, mais, and mais--Green Eggs and Ham (Do you think we steer our child's interests?), costume changes, and counter-tops spilling over with sweets for delivery.

And since I'm too tired for text.
And rather lazy for prose.
I'll leave you with words from someone who knows.

(Quotes from Dr. Seuss)

1. "When he worked, he really worked but when he played, he really PLAYED."
2. "Do you know where I found him? Do you know where he was? He was eating a cake in the tub. Yes, he was!"
3. "A person's a person, no matter how small."
4. "Look at me! Look at me now! It is fun to have fun. But you have to know how!"
5. "You'll miss the best of things if you keep your eyes shut."
6. "I do not like them Sam I am. I do not like green eggs and ham."

More. More. More.

Happy Monday. xo

2 comments:

  1. Oh thank you for the brightly colored Georgia in her lovely costumes and fabrics. Oh how we miss you all. It is so funny because I would and sometimes still cut out My G & S's sandwich's using hearts, flowers a dove as well. It does make for a better tasting sandwich. Kudos DR Seuss I must try cake in the tub.
    All my Love, Auntie Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. to beautiful for words, that little one of yours.
    the orange and white dress, LOVE IT!!!the costumes, FANTASTIC!!!just like your wonderful aunt cindy lou who, i still from time to time, do cut out sandwiches for the kids, grandkids, and even Billy once in awhile.
    love & hugs

    ReplyDelete