Monday, June 13, 2011

June Festival

IMG_2970IMG_2974IMG_3030

I have a new appreciation for two things I detest: sitting in traffic and hair dryers. At the moment they are responsible for the only blasts of blessed warm air in my day. No matter how long I live here, I will never get used to June being a cold month.

And so we spent our weekend sleeping in footed pajamas and all things knitted and thermal...sipping hot tea and ranting (me) about the complete absence of indoor heating anywhere.

How we tried to heat things up a bit:
1. Drinking broth and watching Georgia ride the mechanical bull at her schools Festa Junina. (I reapeat, she has no fear.)
2. It just so happened to be Dia dos Namorados (Valentines Day) on Sunday. I wasn't a very good Valentine this year as I had to frost cookies all day. My husband on the other hand: cupid himself, entertaining the children while I worked and reminded him that every day should be Valentine's.

Things are just too busy. We may be frozen, but not in time. And I am holding tight to the memories being made: children in fuzzy sleep wear on my lap, Sebastian's first tooth peeking out, and words of encouragement from a loving spouse who is proud of his wife's fledgling little business.

It doesn't have to be Valentines Day to feel warm and cozy--even in June.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment